Sample: 19 Reasons Why a Value Proposition Video is Critical (& Expected)
Examples of short SEO Copywriting articles
Examples of in depth SEO Copywriting articles
The Importance of Visuals in SEO Copywriting
SEO Copywriting Process
My Approach to SEO Copywriting: Always Learning
The power of custom graphics
Featured Article: Value Proposition Video
This article shows why a value proposition video is so important to a business and showcases a couple videos that I scripted, directed and filmed.
If you would like to look at the post and watch the videos it is best to look at the original post.
Some other examples of my work with Multiverse (click image to enlarge in new tab or click button below to view original(recommended)):
Short Form SEO Copywriting Articles
Mobile First Indexing:
Optimizing for Voice Search
What are Backlinks
In Depth SEO Articles
In Depth SEO Case Study for General Contractors in NE Florida
Overview of Search Results
Breaking Down SEO: Categories and Meaning
Recreating Google Results
Incorporation of Visuals in SEO Copywriting
Incorporating video and graphics will make people more engaged with the content of the site and make it easier for them to get more information from it faster. It also gives the ability to send across stronger messages and show context. Is it MORE POWERFUL TO SAY THAT VISUALS CAN HAVE A BIG AFFECT ON PEOPLE’S LEVEL OF INTEREST LIKE THIS or for you to look at the giphy above?
While giphys aren’t the answer for everything, visuals need to be a big part of any successful content strategy. This can mean lots of pictures, screenshots, infographics, custom graphics, live action video, animated video, or screencapture video. All of these mediums will add visual interest, variety, and potentially much more information and context to content.
Words have their place.
Words are the backbone of SEO and they should lay a solid foundation for the messaging of any site and content marketing campaign. However, to take that campaign over the top I am a firm believer in the need for an integrated strategy of visual and written content.
Every content piece should have at least one easily shareable custom graphic to extend its reach and boost it’s potential to get attention, even if it is simple. And I’m talking about something beyond a stock photo.
It isn’t as easy, but it helps to get results. Take a look at a couple of examples of the power of visual content marketing in action. It doesn’t have to be complicated, just valuable.
This is my process for long-form SEO copywriting. I can do any or all of these steps or adapt to your content writing process as needed.
Full SEO Copywriting Process:
- Keyword Research
- Compile original list of keywords for targeting
- Research competition on Google to gage difficulty for each
- Make strategic decisions on best investment of time considering time/budget/likelihood of ranking in #1-3 on Google
- Are there other ways to take advantage of this content? Find industry outlets.
- Use keyword research to formulate title/focus of article
- Propose article focus to client
- Research for article (taking note of sources that will be using)
- Outline article
- Outline infographic when appropriate
- Outsource infographic to graphic designer when appropriate (I am not a graphic designer)
- Write article
- Revise for sufficient internal and external links
- Add visual content as needed (screenshots, giphys)
- Send to client for revision/approval
- Review infographic. Either send back for revision or send to client for approval
- Make necessary edits to written piece
- Send any necessary infographic edits
- Optimize post formatting, photos, meta description and SEO title, categories, read more
- Insert table of contents and anchor links for maximum navigability on longer posts
- Insert and optimize infographic
I can adapt this process as needed to play a partial role, however for best results I recommend that someone qualified is doing all of these parts. The devil is in the details with SEO, and it takes experience to know which ones.
My Approach: Always Learning and Improving
I love research and learning, and that’s why I can write well for businesses of all types. While each industry has little nuances that will be different, the principles of SEO remain the same. I have written about those extensively with my work for Multiverse Media Group. You can look at my past articles there to learn more about my take on SEO.
I require my clients to provide me monthly feedback for at least 3 months (from analytics) on how my work is performing, as feedback is essential to improvement.
I have written extensively in both the fields of dermatology and mortgage lending, as well as been an advisor, editor and occasional writer in the second-hand computer technology market and family law.
I have also done a deep dive case study on general contractors in the Northeast Jacksonville area which provided a lot of very actionable and useful content for general contractors in the area. I will be creating my own in depth case study here on another industry in the coming months. If you would like one for your own industry and area send me a message with more information.